Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Trip to Colorado - Meet Lane's mom!

TRIP TO COLORADO

 

Lane: Traveling in general with Chuck has been amazing.  Not traveling alone makes the journey to the destination quicker, and the destination that much sweeter!  I was able to share my home town with Chuck and everyone welcomed him with open arms... It makes me very proud to know I have picked the utmost BEST people to be in my life and in return they've picked me as well AND NOW have included the man I love. 

 

So far... Every trip has been the same.  The time I most cherish with Chuck is the driving/flying time that we spend together!! We had picked a EARLY flight on our way there so we had to wake up at 2AM in order to start getting ready and head to the airport.   There was absolutely noone walking through the parking tunnels that early in the morning either... So at 4AM, Chuck and I are running around the tunnels, racing on the walking escalators, and making obscene comments since we were all alone!   It was great because by the time we were on the place for departure - we crashed and slept the entire way!  

 

After an amazing breakfast, Chuck passed out again!!! Like I always tell him, he is such an angel when he is sleeping.... and then he wakes up and the horns fold back up. Hahaha~ 

Lets see... what else did we do!? 

 
Attended our first wedding together.



 Got our hair done together by my mother!


 Attended our first jazz festival to celebrate my best friends birthday.

 

Purchased our first luggage together... HAHA! OHH my man.  Of course he would want a BMW M series suitcase.... That's why I love him. 

  

All in all -- Such an amazing trip.  Chuck was able to meet almost ALL of my friends and family that is important to me, and was able to spend a good amount of time with each.  My mother absolutely adores him which is GREAT!!!  I'll let Chuck talk more about meeting individuals but we had nothing but fun and relaxation on our trip!


Chuck:  I will admit I was a little worried about going to Colorado.... It was the first time I have ever been nervous to meet a parent.  What made this time really different is Lane's mom is Korean.  So I already know about the big expectations and culture coming from my own mother.  Lane, being the first Korean woman I have ever dated, really had my nerves up.  Come to find out the nervousness was mutual.  I think we bonded well and even helped her mom purchase a new Mercedes.  Yes, I understand that as a die hard Bimmer fan, this is like the worst thing I could have done, but honestly it was a better deal for what her mom needed it for.  In turn, is why I felt like buying the BMW M suitcase balanced everything out.

What I think about Denver...............



'Merica's best PBR on a rooftop lounge..... check


Find a random barmaid to let you wear her costume...... check


Shopping mall that is huge...... check

I think I could def like living around Denver in the future....... when the time comes....



So Lane and I went to a wedding together, our first together and my first ever.....
I had a blast!!! It was not your typical church and reception wedding I have come to know from TV.  It was a boots and BBQ style wedding.  It was at this farm/ranch with animals, barns, these huge pits to BBQ in that are larger then a compact car, and a whole lot of boots YEEEHAAA hahahaha. I liked how it was a small wedding and the whole open set up.  Plus all the food, oh boy all the food!!!

I really enjoyed meeting Lane's family and friends... and finally got to meet the infamous Hannah... Which we all wondered how well we would actually mesh together.........
 

I think we meshed pretty well!

No comments:

Post a Comment