Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Our First Trip Together!!! Lessons learned and good memories


CHICAGO 
Lane:  Trip to meet Chuck's family for the first time -- Success!

Let me just start with the lesson learned.... Men and women have VERY different perspectives on "clothing"!  Hahaha Chuck is from Chicago so I asked him what his opinion on what I should bring to wear in the windy city!  He said "Spring type clothing"  Okay ladies, correct me if I'm wrong.... Spring time clothing -- Dresses with a jean jacket, shorts and a long sleeve shirt, FLIP FLOPS!!  Well, I'm SO glad that I brought a pair of boots and one pair of jeans... because it ended up snowing and raining the entire weekend. Hahaha!  It got so cold that Chuck's mother ended up giving me a thicker sweater because I was always freezing!!  So glad his family didn't judge me since I wore the same outfit for three days in a row!!

 

 Over-all the trip was great.  Chuck is an amazing traveler and I felt so safe with him!  So we will admit.... We were being Cheap-O's for some reason while shopping for hotels.  Now, all the Marriott's were booked, so we decided... since we were going cheap, lets go the CHEAPEST possible!  Picking the cheapest possible put us in a Red Roof Inn -- Please see the living situation below:

 

Yes, that is a bug on the left. next to our drinking cups and the right is how we barricaded the door.   We arrived at the hotel very late at night so as we pulled up, our headlights shined on a room in which a random head popped out of the curtains in the window to peek at us, and followed by another head popping out their door that they just cracked open............................Talk about scary.  I will say... sharing a double bed with your significant other is a must every once in a while!  It definitely brought us closer and made us cherish our cali-king sized bed at home even more. 

 

 So I met Chuck's family on this trip, but he was able to meet my Uncle since he lives in Chicago!  My Uncle treated us to some fancy sushi that he made at his restaurant and then took us home to see the family.  



I haven't seen my Uncle nor Cousins in over ten years!  Such a great reunion.  Oh, and they love Chuck :) Look, they were bonding within 24 hours!


 It was interesting to notice that one of my favorite parts about the entire trip was the time spent with Chuck in the car.  


We spent about.... 12 hours or so driving from Chicago to Chuck's home and back a couple times.  Sometimes he would drive, sometimes I would drive.  We would stop at random gas stations... Playing and running around to get our blood pumping after sitting for so long.  We would find special chips or treats to eat at each gas station... even if we weren't hungry!  Just something entertaining to do while driving.  We would listen to music.  Sing.  Randomly dance.  I love watching Chuck do his random dancing in the car.  TRIED to record it a couple times, but it was a no-go.


 The trip in itself meant a lot to me.  The fact that Chuck opened up his ENTIRE family and all of his friends to me... was amazing.  

 

I'm so glad his mom was on board when I asked to see all of Chuck's baby pictures!! She had the albums ready to go!  Gosh, he was such a cutie.  I told him he better give me babies that look JUST like him! Hahahaha!  






 His mom even took me shopping because she said liked me so much and just wanted to give a nice gesture... VERY Korean mother!   When Chuck's mom came in and asked me to go shopping, I looked at Chuck to save me and he said "Go!! You know there is no way to stop this..." Hahaha So I ended up with a VERY nice pair of earrings that match the necklace her son gave me.  Such a sweet family!! 



They loved me, I loved them, it was great.



I loved looking at Chuck when he was talking with his mom, or watching him smile at his sister while giving her a hard time (or beating her up!).  They say you can tell a lot about how a person will be in the future based on their home life, and if that's the case, I can't wait for the future with Chuck!  <3
 


























No comments:

Post a Comment